Mental Health Matters, Therapy Works.
As Black History Month comes to an end, I wanted to check in.
Life has many people focused on survival that Self-care takes a back seat to life. Take the time to check in with yourself. Therapy offers different techniques that can help you in any situation. Therapy is teaching me to advocate for myself. I work daily on advocating myself in healthier ways. I am a work in progress on that one.
Make your mental health a priority as a part of your Self Care Routine.
Things to Remember:
1. Be Gentle with yourself.
2. Give yourself Grace.
3. Give yourself Time.
4. Be Open.
5. It's ok to step away from People to heal.
6. If you do not want to share you are in therapy DON’T!
7. Allow yourself to feel every emotion (I go to the word for comfort).
8. Your therapist does NOT have to look like you.
9. Therapy is not exclusively for addicts, survivors, and trauma related; it is for everyone.
10. YOU ARE KILLING IT! Trust the process.
NOTE: You may not find the perfect therapist right away. It's ok, find one that fits your needs and go alone sis. With the right therapist onboard, one learns how to create a healthy foundation that yields better relationship(s), foster healthy boundaries, and teaches you to start to forgive yourself.
Find a therapist that takes the time to pay attention to YOU.
Take care of yourself and may God continue to bless you on your healing journey.
Do you like this page?